In the scope of the Agenda 21 process, an idea linking week will be hosted for the first time in 2014. The goal of this focus is to realize sustainable projects dealing with a particular topic in Wels annually (every second year).The submissions are based on a call for proposals that annually highlights a particular theme.
The call for proposals is made in the following languages: German, Albanian, English, Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian, Turkish and Czech.
Heimatstadt – Hoamatståd – vendlindja – hometown – rodni grad – – memleketi – rodné město
Call for Proposals:
- What is home?
- A feeling? A place? One’s own social network?
- Do we still need the conception of home? For what?
- Is this term – in light of the large global contexts – not obsolete?
- Is home important for one’s own identity?
- Is home a rigid geographical construct, or a pool of links in an intercultural society?
- And who defines what home is and who is “at home“?
The Agenda 21 of the City of Wels invites you to address these and other questions concerning the City of Wels and to discuss, develop and work on them in the scope of projects, events, series of talks, etc.
Criteria for the Project Prize of the City of Wels
1. Content-Related Criteria
Invited for submission are projects that:
- will be presented in Wels in the time period between May 5th 2014 and May 16 2014.
- refer to the topic “home” in their content
- take equality into account, not only concerning gender, but also social position, during project conception and execution
- allow for a gender-sensitive approach in their conception and execution
- take new paths of cooperation (business – culture, social aspects – sports, …)
2. Formal Criteria
- Associations, legal persons, partnerships, work groups and groups of people can apply.
- The application has to be made in a “tandem principle,” meaning that at least two groups are involved.
- Administrative bodies and public sector institutions or public parties are excluded.
- Those applying have to have a strong connection to Wels (residence, center of one’s work or life).
- The submission deadline is on December 2nd 2013.
- The application form template has to be completely filled in to make a submission.
- Additional material for the application may not contain more than 10 A4 pages.
- The application can be submitted in the following languages, whereby a translation has to be attached to a submission that is not written in German, Albanian, English, Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian, Turkish or Czech.
- Projects that have already been carried out cannot be promoted.
3. Components of the Project Submission
- Completely filled in application form
- A detailed project description (10 A4 pages maximum)
- A realistically calculated financing plan
A three-person jury consisting of regional and international experts will make a selection from the submitted projects at a public jury meeting on December 13, 2013.
5. Accompanying Measures
On October 12, 2013 a “Barcamp” is held in the Landesmusikschule Wels. A Barcamp is an open meeting with open workshops whose content and process are developed itself by the participants at the beginning of the session and designed in the course.
5.2 Information Event
Accompanying the call for proposals, there is one information event where applicants and interested people can inform themselves about the modalities and requirements. The information event takes place on November 21st , 2013 in the Medien Kultur Haus Wels.
5.3 Project Development Workshop
Applicants have the possibility to take part in a project development workshop. This lasts half a day. Participation is free. This Workshop takes place on October 25th, 2013 from 2pm to 7pm in the Medien Kultur Haus Wels.
Any inquiries concerning “Ideas Link the City,” can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Frequently asked Questions will be published anonymous and answered on the website http://www.ideennetzwels.at.
6. Legal Conditions
The jury decides without possibility of recourse to legal action. No legal claims can be made by the applicants through the submission of a project.
All copyrights are retained by the applicants.
No liability is assumed for expenditures that arise in connection with participating in this call for proposals. Likewise, no liability is assumed for submitted project documents.
The funds to be awarded are grants from the City of Wels. The awarding and accounting of the grants is done according to the valid stipulations of the City of Wels. There is an obligation to attach the City of Wels logo and the Agenda 21 logo to all advertising materials and products in the scope of project realization.